Monday, January 3, 2011

Magic

I am beginning to think that I am by nature a hedonist. But the most basic definition of that, one that pursues pleasure above all else, leaves much to be desired. I'm living a life in pursuit of beauty, of knowledge, of lust, of connection, of romance. At the same time, I take pleasure from denial, the denial of survival. Normal people think they need to eat and sleep to survive, but not I! One has these perks with the immortality of 20something ignorance.

But onto the magic. I never wish to forget the place that I am in. If anyone has the chance to travel up north, make the treck to Banff during the winter. I've been coming since I was a tot (lived in Canada until I was ten), but I haven't really appreciated the beatuy until now. Such is life: when you're little, you constantly seem to be looking at your parents shoes and trying not to fall while not taking in the splendor around you. The trees in these mountains are pregnant with snow, and everywhere you look there it something to take your breath away. I don't know what gods deigned me fortunate enough to come here, but i am quite glad for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment