Slowly, finally picking up speed as these four years comes to their natural end. Decided on my own to stop taking the anti depressants; I could feel their weight cognitively on my brain the same way that you feel an extra 20 lbs in your bag. At first, you think you can manage and that perhaps whatever good it's doing must surely be outweighed by the effort exerted from constantly carrying. Over time; however, the carrying itself becomes more of an effort than the initial problem.
Without this dulling sensation I no longer feel numb; it's as if my internal processors have been kick started. I understand that medications works wonders for a ton of people, but I would much rather refrain from taking anything unless it's a life or death thing. I've been reading up on how people can rewire their bodies through diet and exercise, and that seems to be the most logical way to go.
One paper and one test stand between me and the real world. The engine is revving; I'm just waiting for the light to turn green.
No comments:
Post a Comment