I had so many beginnings of posts which never saw the light of day; I just couldn't ever really find an ending. For this past month I've been living a sort of half-life, one where I just drift from place to place, wishing to fade into the landscape rather than ever be noticed. However, these past couple of days (since Monday) have been giving me hope - ever since I've gotten over this strange virus which confused the doctor, things are starting to seem a little bit better. My mum is visiting this weekend, then one of my closest friends from my job this summer is stopping in for a few days next week. While this will be an added stress on top of college, trying to balance entertaining a guest who hasn't really seen much of this city before, I am so glad to see a familiar face again.
Since I'm no longer doing over a million things nor am I weighed down by disease, I have finally been able to start going to the gym again. I've forgotten how great soreness feels. My roommate always wants to eat after workouts, and eat later at night; I've been guilty as of late of the same thing. But I can't still look this bad come Halloween, come Christmas, come all of the little goals that I set for myself. Well, this weakness is ending now. It has before.
Another busy day tomorrow, but if life isn't constantly in motion, no calories can get burnt.
No comments:
Post a Comment